ResNet (Residential Network)
Adams State University is pleased to offer students free Internet access in all of its Residence Halls. Here are some of the many features of Resnet at ASU:
Wireless Internet is available in all Residence Halls and Academic Buildings! In addition, the Student Union Building and Library have wifi.
ResNet Phone: 719-587-8174
ASU Helpdesk: 719-587-7741
Hours, Spring 2020
- Monday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m., 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m., 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Saturday 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Where To Find Us
ASU ResNet Technicians are located on the first floor of the Neilson Library, behind the advising reception desk, in front of the main entrance. If there is so technician available, mobile devices can be left with the Library Circulation Desk staff.
Experienced student technicians are available to help troubleshoot connection problems with phones, computers, gaming devices, and other smart devices as well as virus/malware removal, and some basic troubleshooting. Technicians are not allowed to make hardware repairs or operating system installation/reinstallation. If you have an issue with your personal computer, please bring it to the circulation desk at the Neilson Library where it will be held for our ResNet Technicians.
Safe Connect Campus Manager
All network connected devices, including personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices that connect through the internet need to be registered to a student’s account the first time it connects to the network.
Personal computers using Windows must have the following to connect to ASUwifi:
- Windows security updates
- Antivirus installed and updated.
- If students do not have an antivirus program, one will be provided free of charge.
What Safe Connect Does
It ensures that only ASU students, faculty, and staff are connected to ASU WiFi. This ensures bandwidth is not taken up by unauthorized users.
What Safe Connect Does Not Do
- It does not monitor the activity on your device.
- It does not access your usernames or passwords.
- It does not upload files from your computer to our servers.
- Computing Basics Overview
- How to Register A Computer With Safe Connect
- How to get your Username and Password
- How to Run Malwarebytes
- Setting a Homepage in Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Forwarding Student Emails to A Personal Address
- How to Remove Viruses
- How to Run Windows Updates
- How to Find the MAC Address for Devices