International undergraduate students are required to submit the following:
- Online application for undergraduate admissions: Undergraduate International Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $30 USD application fee
- Official high school transcript and/or official college transcripts (dependent on student type):
Official transcript translation and credential evaluation is required for all international transcripts not in U.S. higher education standards. Official results of course-by-course evaluation which includes cumulative GPA must be completed by an independent credentials evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization to determine what U.S. equivalencies exist for grades, credit hours and accreditation. Documents must be mailed directly from the evaluation agency. All information must be written in English and include the cumulative GPA. Payment for this service is the responsibility of the international student and any reissuing of documentation that does not follow the guidelines above.
- Proof of English proficiency, by completing at least one (1) bulleted requirement:
● Have residency from a country in which English is the primary/national language
● A TOEFL score report directly from ETS showing a minimum TOEFL exam score of 500 (paper-based), 173 (computer-based) or 61 (internet-based). Photocopies will not be accepted. Test scores older than two (2) years from the date of application will not be accepted. Adams State University’s TOEFL institution code is 4001.
● An official postsecondary transcript showing successful completion of an ESL program accredited by the Commission on English Language Programs (CEA)
● An official postsecondary transcript showing conferral of an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from a U.S. community college
● An official high school transcript showing graduation from a U.S. high school that the applicant attended for at least two (2) years
● An official GED score report showing a passing score on the a U.S. General Education Development (GED) exam
● An official transcript from IGCSE showing a minimum grade of B in English on the University of Cambridge International Examination (IGCSE, A-Level, 0-Level)
● An ACT score report showing a minimum ACT English sub-score of 18 or better
● An SAT Score Report showing a minimum SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing sub-score of 470 or higher
● An official transcript showing completion of two college-level English Language Composition courses with a minimum grade of C at a US college or university
- Official SAT or ACT test scores. Please submit your ACT and/or SAT test score report directly from the testing agencies to ASU.
- Verification of Financial Support/Financial Statement:
International undergraduate students must provide financial certification showing the availabilities of $27,768 USD ($5,000 automatic Experience Colorado Scholarship included) or the equivalent in another currency. Affidavit of Support (I-134), recent bank statements, and/or scholarship awards are acceptable. Documents can and should be uploaded directly into the student’s Self Service Center at the time of application. International graduate students, please contact email@example.com concerning funds needed per graduate program.
- Copy of Passport. Document can and should be uploaded directly into the student’s Self Service Center at the time of application.
Personal essays, letters of recommendation, and other materials not included above are optional and may be required once admissions documents received.
Mail Admission Materials To:
Adams State University
Office of Admissions
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2190
Alamosa, CO 81101
Contact us with any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-719-587-8146 or 1-800-824-6494
Deadlines for Application for Admission
All applications must be submitted by the date indicated.
Deadline May 1, semester begins mid-August
Deadline October 1, semester begins mid-January
Deadline February 1, semester begins mid-May
International Enrollment Form
Once acceptance is determined, international students will be required to complete the International Enrollment Form before an I-20 is sent to the student. More information will be emailed directly to the student after acceptance from a PDSO/DSO.