• Students who have earned Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degrees within the state of CO (including degrees more than 10 years old) will have all general education requirements considered satisfied. Students who have earned AA or AS degrees outside the state of CO will have their general education courses accepted if they have successfully completed at least one course in each of the following areas: communication (English), history, natural and physical sciences with a lab, college-level math, arts and humanities, and social and behavioral sciences. This may be satisfied by transfer credit that has been approved by the transfer student coordinator to meet general education requirements. Courses can be completed either at a previous institution or with Adams State. Students who have earned AAS or AGS degrees are required to complete one course in each content area on the general education plan at either a previous institution or at Adams State University.
  • Adams State will accept work in which grades of A, B, C, P (pass). CR (credit) and S were earned for transfer credit.
  • Courses in which a grade of D was earned are not accepted for transfer unless the course is an integral part of an associate of arts or associate of science degree.
  • Students with prior learning through AP, IB, CLEP, DSST, military credits, etc will have credit assigned in accordance with the relevant policy.
  • Vocational courses and courses which are listed as “no equivalent” at Adams State can be considered for credit after the student completes 24 hours of course work at Adams State with a 2.0 or higher GPA. The credit must be approved by the program chair of the student’s major.
  • Students are required to complete a minimum of 30 institutional hours to obtain a BA or BS degree.
  • Transfer students are urged to visit the campus and meet with the transfer student coordinator to ensure a smooth transition of transfer credits.
  • Transfer credit more than 10 years old must be evaluated by the transfer student coordinator (if the course falls under the general education requirements or equivalent) or the program chair of the area offering the course for which the credit would be issued.

Transferring from Non-Accredited Schools

In order to receive transfer credit from non-accredited schools, students must complete 24 hours at Adams State with a minimum GPA of 2.0.

Credits may then be presented to the program chair over the course content area or to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for approval of general education courses.