Professors may place books, videos, and other materials on reserve for student use. You may place library items or items of your own on reserve.
- You can fill out a reserve request form online or complete a paper form at the Circulation Desk, located on the first floor of the library.
- Reserve items are kept at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library.
- Reserve items must be used in the library and may be checked out for two-hour periods. To check out reserve items, patrons must present their ASU library card.
- Reserve items need to be turned in to the Circulation Desk at least 2 business days before you anticipate students requesting them. Please give the library staff at least 24 hours to remove items from reserve before you wish to pick them up.
- The library generally does not purchase books to placed on reserve but will consider purchasing titles that have possible long term or high impact use on a case-by-case basis. Please see our full collection development policy for more information.
- We cannot place items ordered from interlibrary loan or Prospector on reserve.
- If you would like a textbook on reserve for your students’ convenience, we will gladly place a personal copy on reserve.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Amanda Langdon-DeVaul at 719-587-7173.