How do I get access to a computer or the internet?
If you do not have a computer/mobile device or internet access, reference the Adams State University Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19 Update document.
How do I access Blackboard?
To access Blackboard, go to the Blackboard login page. You can also go to the OneStop page and select Blackboard Course Access. Use your campus login and password. (Use your user name only. Do not include @grizzlies.adams.edu)
You can also download the Blackboard Student app for mobile devices.
Which browser should I use?
Any modern browser should work. AITC recommends a modern browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Whatever browser you decide to use, perform the browser check to check for compatibility with Blackboard functions such as allowing pop-ups.
How do I get started?
View the video: Navigation Your Blackboard Course for an overview.
Where do I get online help?
After you login to Blackboard, you will land on the Institution Page, which may contain important campus information. We are currently using Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation. You will also see the menu on the left and the following links:
- Your name: Access your profile and notification settings. For more information about notifications, visit the following sites:
- Activity Stream: Lets you jump directly into course activities. For more information, visit the following sites:
- Courses: A list of your courses will be displayed. You can filter your courses using the left and right arrows or the arrow beside Current Courses. You can navigate to past, present, and future courses.
- Calendar: The calendar will display due dates in your courses if your instructor has set a due date in Blackboard.
- Messages: The Messages link will display Blackboard Messages in each of your courses.
- Grades: Check your grades for all courses.
- Tools: Access important tools such as NetTutor, Kaltura (for creating videos) and CourseEval (end-of-course evaluations).
Each Blackboard course will include a link to the Syllabus and Information page. On this page, you will find the following links:
- Important Functions: The Blackboard Functions page provides information for:
- How to turn in written assignments
- How to take an assessment
- How to send Messages
- How to send Emails
- How to post in Discussions
- Student Support: The Blackboard Instruction page provides links to numerous videos and how-tos.
- Nielsen Library: You can access the Nielsen Library as a distance student.
- OneStop Student Services: Your onestop for student services.
Who can I contact for help?
For help with Blackboard, contact the Academic Instructional Technology Center (AITC) at 719-587-7371 or email@example.com. Office hours are: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For help with logins and passwords, contact Computing Services at 719-587-7741 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Blackboard also has a help site for students.