Google Hangouts, Videoconferencing
- Hangouts Chat – direct message a colleague or have an ongoing conversation with a group of people
- Hangouts Meet – hold video meetings with people inside or outside of Adams State.
- Adams State Themed Virtual Backgrounds
https://drive.google.com, then login with your Adams State credentials.
There are 3 types of Google Drives that are accessible by employees:
- Your individual Google Drive called “My Drive”
- Team drives which is for use by groups of employees called “Shared drives”
- Drives that another employee owns and shares with you called “Shared with me”
Google File Stream
Available in the Software Center, so you can install yourself, or open a ticket with Computing Services to install for you. Allows you to access your Google Drive space through a locally-assigned drive letter, like your C: drive or D: drive. It usually uses your G: drive.
- G Suite Learning Center – help with Gmail, Calendar and other Google Apps
- 10 G Suite tips for working with remote teams
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Access with Cisco AnyConnect VPN (Windows) – Please note: Banner can only be accessed via VPN when using an ASU computer from off campus. Because we have a limited number of concurrent VPN licenses (only a certain number of people can be on at a time), we ask that you minimize the amount of time that you are connected to the VPN. Many tasks can be completed online without being connected to the VPN.
Forward your campus phone number to a personal phone number.
Adams State Google Application Instructions and Tutorials
- BUGs General Google Applications Tutorial
- Google File Stream
- Google Hangouts Meet
- Google Team Drive – Banner Functional Team
Some documents located in ASU Google Shared Drive will need login with Adams State user and password to access the materials.