The Board of Trustees for Adams State University is conducting a comprehensive and inclusive search for a permanent president, after unanimously approving the appointment of David A. Tandberg, Ph.D., as interim president, effective July 1. The interim appointment is for one year. Details of the search for a permanent president, co-chaired by Board members Mark Martinez and Jonathan Marquez, will be posted soon. Dr. Tandberg will not be considered in that process.
The first meeting of the search committee was Thurs., Aug. 25, 6pm, in room 117 of McDaniel Hall on the Adams State campus.
“Over the past year the Board of Trustees has come to realize that the University is entering a new era requiring forward thinking leadership and strategic direction,” said BOT Chair Michele Lueck. “As we move forward, we look for improvements in campus climate, increased enrollment, and student success.”
Search committee meetings are scheduled for the fourth Thursday of each month
Presidential Search Committee
- Jonathan Marquez ’13, co-chair, search committee
- Mark Martinez ’13, co-chair, search committee
- Faculty Senate: Jenna Neilsen M.F.A., Neil Rigsbee Ph.D.
- Academic Council: Colleen Schaffner Ph.D.
- Graduate Council: Melissa Freeman Ph.D.
- PASC: Trevor Turner ’10
- Classified Employees: Rodney Martinez
- Administration (exempt): Margaret Doell M.F.A.
- Administration (eTeam): Bruce Rosengrant
- Athletics: Katelyn Smith ’16
- AS&F (undergrad): Jose Villagomez ’24
- AS&F (graduate) Courtney Hocking ’22
- Adams State Foundation: Duane Bussey ’82
- K-12 rep: Carrie Zimmerman ’95
- Alamosa Businesses: Jennifer Mueller
- Community Leadership: Konnie Martin
- Governmental Leadership: Cleave Simpson
- DEI Leadership: Heidi Schneider Ph.D.
- Trustees HSI Leadership: Arthur Ortegon J.D.
- Alumni at-large: Lance Hostetter ’11
- Alumni at-large: Kole Kelley ’16
- Board of Trustees: Michele Lueck
- Jonathan Marquez
- Mark Martinez
- Heidi Schneider
- Cleave Simpson
- Konnie Martin