Air travel must be reserved and processed through of one Adams State University’s approved travel agencies with the Corporate Ghost card system or through the Internet according to the procedures stated below.
Effective July 1, 2015, the new approved travel agencies are:
- Christopherson Travel, 303-689-7709, 7:00am – 6:00pm
- Frosch Travel, 800-783-9929, 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Boersma Travel, 734-424-3989, 8:30am – 6:00pm EST
Corporate Ghost Card Airline Purchase Procedures
Effective November 21, 2011, Flight Authorization numbers replaced Purchase Order numbers for confirming flights.
- Request a quote from one of the above approved travel agencies. Have the quote either emailed or faxed to you, but get it in writing. The quote should include the agency’s service fee of: $23.00 per ticket for either Christopherson Travel or Frosch Travel; or $25.10 for Boersma travel. The agency fees are reduced for group travel, please see the Travel Compliance Designee, for the rates.
- Complete the Travel Request form, showing who is traveling, to where, why, and when. Include the airfare in the transportation cost. All approving signatures and budget codes will be required before a flight authorization number will be given out.
- Bring the original completed Travel Request and a copy of the flight itinerary to the Travel Compliance Officer, in the Accounting Office.
Once you have been given a Flight Authorization number, confirm the reservation with the travel agency, with this number. Fares are changing constantly, so do not delay in the time of receiving the quote and confirming the ticket. Have everything ready so it will be able to be processed in a timely manner.
Agency service fees are nonrefundable, even when the ticket is not used. The value of canceled tickets will generally be preserved as long as new ticket is booked, (or, for some airlines, as long as new trip is completed) within one year of original ticket issue date, but things can change. Review the itinerary to make sure the spelling, flight times, and locations are correct, before confirming the flight.
Online Travel Booking
Flights, Lodging, and Rental Cars
We are excited to announce our new travel partner Christopherson Business Travel. Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) has been in business for over 50 years and is the largest independently owned agency in the State of Colorado. CBT has built an Adams State University custom website that allows us to book flight, lodging, and rental vehicles on one site, online.
Basically, they are providing all the convenience of booking online with the support of a State Contracted Travel Agency in the background.
The agency fee will be $11.00 per ticket, when booking online. You may also call CBT and make reservations over the phone, with an agency fee of $23.00 per ticket. Both options are available to you. If the travel itinerary is complex, sometimes it is better to talk to a live person. Flight authorization numbers are still required, whether you book online or by phone. Use of the flight authorization number ensures that the cost of the flight is billed to the ASU ghost card. Flight authorization numbers are available through the ASU Travel Office. A separate credit card number is required for booking lodging, this can be either a personal credit card, or a Citibank State Travel Card. A Citibank State Travel Card is required for rental vehicles. Use of this card assures the negotiated rates are honored and that the collision damage insurance is not necessary. If you do not have a State Travel Card, call extension 7762 and rental vehicle arrangements can be made through the ASU Travel Office.
After completion of your profile, you will receive a “Welcome to Airportal” email with all of the affiliated specifics. This includes a password you can use, when you go to the booking site. This email will also let you know about some additional training available.
You may begin using Christopherson Business Travel anytime!
To learn more about CBT, please visit their website: www.cbtravel.com.
You will not be able to book any travel online, until the Travel Profile has been completed.
Internet Airline Purchase Procedures
Airfare may be purchased on the internet with a State Travel card, if a significant savings (at least $35) can be shown over a state approved travel agency.
- Search the internet for the flight you would like, take note of the booking/service fees as well.
- Request a quote from the above approved travel agency for the same itinerary and have a quote either emailed or faxed to you, but get it in writing.
- If there is a savings of at least $35.00, which includes any/all fees, you may book the trip using a State Travel Card.
REMEMBER: You will not be reimbursed for any part of the trip until its completion. If you book airfare for a trip that is a few months out, you will be responsible for the charges and reimbursed when you return. You may wish to use the Corporate Ghost Card process instead.
- Submit a copy of the quote from the travel agency with your Travel Expense form, in order to be considered for reimbursement.
The university is prohibited by the State of Colorado policies from:
- Purchasing tickets from non-approved travel agents
- Purchasing tickets directly from the airlines
- Purchasing airline tickets from a non-approved agency as part of a conference package
- Reimbursing travelers who purchase their own tickets from non-approved agents or from the internet without following the stated procedures. If a traveler violates this rule, s/he will have to submit a letter to the Vice President of Finance and Governmental Relations explaining why the proper procedures were not followed. In such cases, reimbursements will be decided by the Vice President of Finance and Governmental Relations on a case by case basis at his/her discretion.
The use of the awarded travel agency provide the following benefits: use of corporate liability card (traveler is not having to wait for completion of travel in order to obtain reimbursement), $500,000 travel accident insurance, emergency support during bad weather to re-route travelers, the state is able to obtain reports from awarded travel agencies to know where our travelers are in time of need, $1,250 lost luggage insurance, lost luggage locator service and detailed reports for volume based contract negotiations.
The approved travel agency are also familiar with state contract airlines. The exceptions would be, if: the approved travel agency finds that (1) a lower fare is offered to the general public that is not matched by awarded airline; or (2) there is no contract for the city pair; or (3) the traveler is inconvenienced by three hours or more by using an awarded airline.
First/Business Class travel is not allowed. Upgrades (including extended leg room upgrades) are also not allowed.