The ASAP Climbing Wall is located inside of the REX. The climbing wall is open to everyone with the purchase of a Climbing Wall Membership during posted hours.
ASAP offers private climbing wall experiences for groups and programs for youth from age 4 to 17. Give us a call for more information!
Designed and built by Eldorado Climbing Walls this state of the art wall will provide a variety of climbing options for the beginner to the advanced and competitive climber. We are excited to offer such an incredible resource for recreation and education to the Adams State and San Luis Valley community.
3pm-8pm Monday-Friday and 12pm-3pm on Sundays
Climbing Wall Membership
- Annual: $75 (valid for one year upon purchase date)
- Semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer): $30
- Month: $10
- Day: $5
- Annual: $150 (valid for one year upon purchase date)
- Semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer): $60
- Month: $20
- Day: $8
AmeriCorps Members, Mennonite Volunteers, and Families all qualify for discounted climbing wall memberships.
Climbing Wall Membership benefits include the following:
- Unlimited roped climbing access including top rope and lead climbing during staffed hours
- Unlimited bouldering anytime the Rex is open, including unstaffed hours
- Unlimited Climbing Wall skills classes, clinics, and workshops
- Unlimited indoor climbing equipment rental for use at Adams State Climbing Wall
Rent the Climbing Wall!
If you’re interested in a private party, birthday party, group development, or utilizing the climbing wall for your team or group, we can help create a fun and educational experience. We can provide simple climbing experiences and also teach basic climbing, belaying, lead climbing, or rappelling.
Below is our basic outline for costs, but we encourage you to call us so we can work with you do design an event to meet your needs.
|Group Size||AS&F 2hr||AS&F 4hr||Public 2hr||Public 4hr|
*Groups greater than 24 may need to arrange additional reservation with the Rex Activity Center for additional activity space i.e. basketball court, racquetball court, etc.
Groups this large may choose to arrange additional programming through ASAP to be incorporated into the Climbing Wall Program. Additional fees required.
Climbing Wall General Policies
- Current Adams State University students, faculty, and staff are eligible for AS&F membership level benefits and pricing. A valid Adams State ID is required to be presented at time of membership purchase.
- Individuals otherwise affiliated or not affiliated with the university are eligible for non AS&F membership level benefits and pricing.
- Fall memberships expire the day before the start of the Spring semester.
- Spring memberships expire May 31.
- Summer memberships expire the day before the start of the fall term
- Members can only rent equipment for themselves.
- Climbing Wall Membership or a valid day pass is required for persons age 12 and older.
- Children between ages 4 and 11 may climb for free with direct supervision, spotting, and belaying of a parent or guardian with a valid Climbing Wall Membership.
- Families receive a 10% discount per child membership. To qualify, a child must be a legal dependent and age 12-17.
- Full payment is due at time of purchase.