All admission documents must be submitted by the application complete deadlines.
- Fall Semester | August 1st
- Spring Semester | December 15th
- Summer Semester | May 15th
Fall, Spring, or Summer cohorts begin for the following programs:
- Curriculum and Instruction, MA Online
- Curriculum and Instruction STEM, MA Online
- Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education, MA Online
- Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education, Endorsement Only Online
- TESOL, Certificate Only Online
Summer only cohorts begin for the following programs:
- Curriculum & Instruction with Initial Licensure, MA Online
- Educational Leadership-Principal, Endorsement Only Online
- Educational Leadership-Principal, MA Online
- Post-baccalaureate Initial Teaching License, Licensure Only Online
A candidate who is interested in enrolling at Adams State University to pursue a Master of Arts degree, licensure program, or add an endorsement to a current Professional Teachers License must:
- Complete the online application for admission
- Pay the $30 application fee at time of application
- Submit ALL supplemental admission documents at time of application or through the Self Service Center after application submission:
These supplemental admission documents include:
- Letter of intent – describing interests, background, the emphasis of interest, and professional goals. The letter will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Two (2) online letter of recommendation forms. Recommenders will be sent an automatic email to complete this online letter of recommendation form during time of application. Please have recommenders’ first names, last names, and emails at time of application.
- Copy of active professional teaching licensure (not required for licensure programs).
Send ALL official transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Transcripts from ASU need not be requested. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Please have all official transcripts sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for electronic official transcripts)
Adams State University
Office of Graduate Studies
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2300
Alamosa, CO 81101
Candidates are evaluated on the following criteria
- Past academic performance, including areas of academic strength, with greater weight given to current course work.
- Personal statements from the candidate’s letter of intent listing goals, accomplishments, and experience.
- Letter of recommendation forms. We consider the comments made by others who can evaluate the applicant’s accomplishments, communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership potential.
- Licensure programs have an admission requirement of at least a 3.0 cumulative undergrad GPA with an approved content degree.
- If your cumulative GPA is below 3.0, you may be required to complete the GRE test with a minimum score of 140 Quantitative, 146 Verbal Reasoning, Combined score of at least 297 and 3.5 Analytic Writing.
- If GPA is between 2.5 and 3.0 you could be approved/admitted conditionally.
- All students must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA while admitted to continue enrollment in the program.
- GRE web link: https://www.ets.org/gre/ The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for Adams State University is: 4001