Food Studies is an academic exploration of the importance and impact of food on all aspects of human existence: health & wellness, economics, business, environment & sustainability, food production, social & cultural.
Graduates of the Food Studies program will have the skills to change the world by:
- Understanding world & local food systems to promote equity & social justice
- Immerse in healthy food production and marketing through internships and hands on practice on campus, and in the community; Ag laboratory
- Understand the limitations and complexity of existing business models and will advocate for new economic models in the food industry
- Promote health and wellness through production and consumption of accessible, quality, fresh, local food
- Implement sustainable & regenerative practices from soil to fork
- Promote innovative ways to use agricultural practices to mitigate adverse climate change effects