Faculty and Staff are a vital part of our institution and the administration of the college Benefit Program strives to meet the changing need of a diverse work force. Our goal is to offer the best benefits possible at the lowest cost, while providing a quality support service. Adams State offers a well-balanced benefit program designed to provide protection against financial hazards due to sickness and injury.
For convenience, you are provided with a brief information overview of each benefit program. More detail information is available in the Human Resources Office located in Richardson Hall, Suite 1-400.
Adams State University Employee Benefits
- Professional and Faculty Benefit Resources
- Retirement Vendors
- AllClear ID Protection – Anthem Members
- Colorado Higher Education Insurance Benefits Alliance Trust (CHEIBA) Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- State of Colorado Benefits MicroSite
- State of Colorado Benefit Resources
- PERA Retirement
- Leave Sharing Program
Benefits for All Employees
- Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (CSEAP)
- Employee Tuition Scholarship
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Other Services and Activities
Adams State University provides an attractive Retirement Program to Faculty, Administrative exempt and Classified employees. The Department of Human Resources serves as your campus liaison with the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and the three investment companies: TIAA-CREF, Valic, and Fidelity, which compose the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) for Faculty and Administrative exempt employees.
Classified staff must enroll in PERA within the first 30 days of employment. Faculty and Administrative employees who have at least one year of PERA eligible employment may enroll in PERA or select from one of the Optional Retirement Programs.
For more detailed information regarding Retirement Programs offered through Adams State University you may visit the Human Resources Department or consult the particular web site concerning your retirement program participation.
- Enrollment in PERAPLUS 401(k) and 457 voluntary retirement savings plans is available at any time. Both plans offer the same PERA advantage investment options and Voya Financial is the record-keeper for both plans
- PERA 401(k) contribution From (PDF)
You may contribute to a voluntary 403(b) supplemental retirement account.
Fund Sponsors include:
- Fidelity – Ross Hoskins Rep
- TIAA – Julie Flores Rep
- Valic – Rick Disberger Rep
To set up an account please contact Human Resources.